Senior Ruby on Rails EngineerAt Agero, Inc.
- Full Time
Posted on March 22nd
San Francisco based Swoop, an Agero company, provides simplicity and peace of mind in the chaotic world of roadside assistance. Nimble and energetic, our Swoop SaaS technology team is transforming the entire industry, taking manual processes and redefining them as digital experiences, with a focus on speed to market, immediate impact and rapid growth. Agero & Swoop combined provide roadside protection for 100M+ Americans and performs 12M+ roadside services annually. Our automotive clients represent more than 2 in 3 passenger vehicles sold in the U.S., and two-thirds of insurance companies are served by Agero. As a connected vehicle service, we are in deep discussions with leading car manufacturers about their connected and autonomous vehicle experiences. We combine the benefits of a stable, profitable parent company, while offering the career opportunities and pace of a Silicon Valley startup.
Agero + Swoop are automating an entire industry that has not changed in decades. We’re taking antiquated manual systems and redefining them into digital platforms, open APIs, and exceptional customer service.
Swoop, Agero's next generation SaaS based platform powers thousands of tow operators and partners with car makers, insurers, and fleet operators to deliver a roadside product that is fast, transparent, and easy.
It’s not just a job, it’s a mission to make driving safer, smarter and more enjoyable for everyone.
Our team is passionate about addressing real-world problems with digital solutions. We’re looking for enthusiastic problem solvers who are ready to join a fast paced team and make a big impact.
Learn more about our San Francisco and Boston based teams at:
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Swoop is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build and extend our client facing Open API to provide roadside assistance to everything from connected vehicles to insurance apps. You’ll help us develop the models, business logic, and GraphQL API layer to provide a highly available and scalable platform to run the roadside assistance marketplace we've built over the past 3 years. You’ll also help us technically lead a small team of engineers and projects from start to finish.
We are a highly automated team using continuous integration with model, integration, and system tests to build a high quality product while maintaining a high velocity.
You will be joining a team that is going through a period of high growth.
- Design Swoop's internal product related API's to support the React Front End and Mobile clients.
- Design Swoop's external API's to support new Insurance and OEM clients as well as partners.
- Develop a Consistent, Well Documented, Tested, Performant Rails API.
- Ability or past experience leading a small team of engineers and being a go to person for technical questions and issues.
- You enjoy working at small companies and building systems from the ground up
- You have 4+ years of experience building backend software, preferably API based
- You have experience leading, planning and executing projects from concept to delivery
- You enjoy mentoring junior members of the team
- You experience working in partnership with product as well as QA teams.
- You have deep understanding of API design and best practices
- You have extensive Rails experience
- Experience with GraphQL
- Optimization experience at the DB and Application layer
- CS or Engineering related Degree
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!