Ruby On Rails Engineer (Work Remotely from anywhere in the world)At Agnos Inc.
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on March 15th
We work with our clients to revolutionize their industry through engineering, innovation and design while also advocating for a positive social impact. We are a dynamic, performance-driven and growth-oriented organization, seeking to attract and retain the industry’s best talent.
Our current client is focused on transforming the healthcare experience with the industry’s most modern, flexible and powerful cloud-based platform to help providers maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of their practices while connecting and collaborating directly with patients in support of better care. This platform is serving ambulatory medical practices of all sizes.
WHAT DOES THIS JOB HOLD FOR YOU?
- Implement real-time, high-performance web applications for desktop and mobile
- Architect elegant, maintainable, testable solutions to complex technical problems
- Integrate with third-party platforms and services to pull in auxiliary content, services, and data
- Tackle performance bottlenecks and drive improvements to our backend and frontend infrastructure
- Share software development best practices with the team and mentor junior engineers
- Relevant engineering experience of at least 5 years
- Strong fundamentals through an education in computer science or related fields
- 3+ years of backend and/or full-stack experience building highly scalable and distributed systems
- Thorough understanding of design patterns, microservices architecture, object-oriented programming and functional programming, asynchronous and event-driven development.
- Strong experience solving enterprise problems and taking projects from concept to production
- Solid experience developing with Ruby and frameworks such as Ruby on Rails and Sinatra
- Strong experience developing backend APIs
- Experience working with large data sets and complex data structures
- Experience working with both SQL and noSQL databases
- Solid experience leveraging cloud services from providers such as AWS
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Availability to work and collaborate in EST business hours
- Experience developing Chrome extensions
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience solving problems in the healthcare industry
- Noteworthy open-source contributions
- R&D mindset
- Miami based or availability to relocate or visit periodically
WHAT´S IN IT FOR YOU...
We are obsessed with always paying the best salaries (or hourly rates) in the industry to our teammates. We also prioritize the happiness of the people we work with as much as we prioritize our client's satisfaction and success.
We also invest in continuing education, training and going to super fun conferences where we can learn and have fun, whether in Las Vegas, New York, San Francisco/Napa Valley, Paris, Madrid.
We strongly believe in extending appreciation to our valuable employees via: Profit-sharing, Performance bonus or Commission and equity.
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!