Senior Software EngineerAt Artemis
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on June 4th
We are looking for a talented engineer to join our remote engineering team. As a Senior Engineer at Artemis, you’ll have the following opportunities:
- Build features and infrastructure for Artemis' cultivation management platform.
- Be a team expert on Canada-related code and features
- Scope, estimate and build solutions with significant greenfield.
- Design architecture and provide technical leadership to sprint teams.
- Give advice to and serve as a role model for junior engineers.
- Explore new tools and processes to speed up development on the team.
You craft solutions that balance the tradeoffs between technical and product goals. Given a nebulous project with many team members working on it, you have the ability to scope it, find a solution, implement and launch that solution. You can proactively identify areas of friction, including interpersonal issues and technical debt, and encourage and enable the team to resolve it before it becomes a long-term problem. Other engineers buy into your proposed solutions, even though they do not report to you.
Artemis builds end-to-end enterprise software for the agriculture industry. We help growers dramatically reduce risk while leveraging data and insights to eliminate guesswork from their operations. Our flagship product is a cultivation management platform (CMP) and helps specialty crop farmers run tighter growing operations.. We value curiosity, trust, teamwork, and finding solutions for our customers. You can read more from our team here.
Our platform is built with Ruby on Rails, Python, React, and Postgres.
- 5+ years successful engineering industry experience
- Experience working within an early/growth-stage startup team
- Experience as a tech lead for team based projects
Sometimes a lack of confidence can hold us back from applying for a job, but in reality there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We want you to grow with us! Regardless of your identity or what kind of background you bring with you, we encourage you to apply if this is a role that interests and excites you.
At Artemis, we’re committed to doing our very best to cultivate an inclusive environment. We want you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work with you! Diversity is important to us, so all applicants will be considered without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, medical condition, Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Competitive salary + equity
- Generous PTO package
- Enjoy an occasional offsite meeting with the entire Company in new and exciting locations!
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!