Sr. Ruby on Rails DeveloperAt Auction Edge
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on May 3rd
Auction Edge is the leading provider of technology and services to independent automotive auctions, dealers, and corporate remarketers. Please visit http://www.auctionedge.com to learn more about our company.
We are currently seeking a Remote Sr. Ruby on Rails Developer to join our Edge team. This position will help support current projects, as well as build new web applications and APIs. You will be responsible for the development of full stack applications, working collaboratively both within our team and across the company. You will be joining a geographically-dispersed team who is fully responsible for the development, deployment, and operations of the applications they develop.
A successful candidate will be comfortable with Test Driven Development, Paired Programming, and Continuous Integration. Our team makes use of git, AWS, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Puppet, Vagrant, jQuery and Vue.js. Previous experience in all of these specific areas is not required, but these are some examples of tools you’ll be using while you work here.
- Ruby on Rails development
- Responsive front-end web development using modern JS frameworks
- Middle Tier RESTful API development
- Back-end infrastructure development
- Team collaboration and development planning
- Active engagement in understanding user needs
- A Bachelor’s degree in a software related field or equivalent work experience is required
- 5 or more years of current Rails development experience
- 5 or more years of Ruby development experience
- Vue.js development experience would be a significant plus.
- Understanding of RESTful API concepts and best practices
- Desire to work in a collaborative and team-oriented atmosphere
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with a geographically-dispersed team
- Ability to collaborate with team members in order to come up with solutions to problems, and maximize the application's value
- Experience with React a plus.
- 5 or more years working with databases (PostgreSQL preferred).
- Experience working with Agile principles such as Scrum, Kanban and XP
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!