Full Stack Software DeveloperAt Autodesk
- Full Time
Posted on July 27th
This is a fantastic chance to have a direct impact on the productivity of hundreds while learning bleeding edge practices and technologies!
You will have the opportunity to participate in the development of the next generation of cloud-based tools for the film, TV, and game development industries. As part of the Base Services team, you will define and implement micro-services and Web UIs that will be foundational for new products and workflows.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a solid foundation in a full range of web technologies, from browser to server to deployment. Your capacity to work alongside designers and product managers to understand, challenge, and materialize their vision, will be key. We are looking to hire multiple developers with different levels of experience, and diverse points of view. Do you feel up for the challenge?
- Participate in the planning, architecture, and implementation of micro-services and Web UIs
- Be completely accountable for the features you are developing, from coding to testing to delivery
- Align with teams across functions and offices to achieve successful technical design and implementation
- Address ambitious, complex engineering problems in a distributed cloud environment
- Ensure high performance, scalability and resiliency of new and existing services
- Significant experience developing web applications with React
- Significant experience developing web applications with Ruby on Rails and/or Go backend
- Experience with testing technologies like Jenkins, Rubocop, Cypress, Jasmine, ESLint
- Experience developing micro-services on Cloud providers like AWS
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical problems
- Ability to understand and balance high-level concepts versus implementation details
- Be energized by working in empowered cross-functional teams located in different time zones
- Be customer-centric
- Comfortable working on Mac in a Linux environment
- Good English communication skills, both written and spoken
- Passion for the media and entertainment industry, especially tv, film and games
- Experience working with design systems, building and implementing components
- Experience with iterative development, analytics and data-driven methodologies
- Experience working with the Agile methodology (SCRUM / Kanban)
- Experience with Python, GraphQL, Redux, Amplitude, CentOS, Docker and SQL
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!