Senior Software Engineer, Ruby on RailsAt Autzu
- Full Time
Posted on September 14th
Autzu is a mobility tech company developing the technologies required to connect and utilize smart electric vehicles on ridesharing platforms. Autzu is accomplishing this by building:
- A multi-platform connectivity system connecting vehicles on multi-ridesharing platforms
- Proprietary in-vehicle end-to-end IoT solution for real time monitoring & control
- A dedicated software application to support a centralized vehicle control system
- A network of smart connected hubs, with battery swapping stations, to enhance EV vehicle availability, safety and utilization
Autzu has offices in San Francisco, NYC and Toronto and plans expansion to other major cities.
Do you want to shape the future of urban mobility? We’re currently looking for a dynamic and passionate Senior Software Engineer to support our growth and expansion.
About The Role
As Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for producing and implementing functional software solutions. You will work directly with senior management to define software requirements and take the lead on technical projects and other operational deliverables. The successful individual will be an independent, self-starter who can work autonomously to execute and meet deadlines with quality. You possess excellent organization and problem-solving skills. Your goal is to develop high quality software aligned with our technology product roadmaps and user needs that contributes to our growth.
Your Contributions & Impact
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to develop high quality software design & architecture, including new features
- Develop applications and tools by producing clean, efficient code adhering to best practices
- Improve and advocate for development standards and processes to automate tasks through appropriate tooling and scripting
- Review and debug code; perform validation/verification testing
- Collaborate with team members and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Contribute towards continuous improvement of development practices
- Mentor and coach other developers
What you bring to Team Autzu
- BSc/BA or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering or a related degree
- 4+ years professional experience as a Software Engineer, with at least 3 years of experience in Ruby on Rails web application development
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience using REST APIs, GraphQL, GitHub, and system monitoring tools (New Relic)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with AWS cloud and React.js preferred
- Prior experience in an agile software development environment is preferred
Why choose Autzu?
- Competitive compensation, including share grants
- Health benefits including vision, dental and other extended health benefits
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and change the industry’s status quo, thereby shaping the future of urban mobility
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including but not limited to hardware engineering, fleet operations, business and marketing teams.
- Grow and scale with a fast-growing organization
- Option to transfer to one of the Autzu's other working locations across US and Canada
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!