Software Engineer - FulfillmentAt Blue Apron
- Full Time
Posted on October 12th
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion, always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO’S IN THE KITCHEN
Our Technology team is a collection of talented software engineers, system engineers, and product managers. Within Engineering, the Operations & Logistics team provides capabilities for our Fulfillment Centers to accept subscription and third-party orders, to pack and sort an increasing number of product variations, and to transport and track perishable goods from tundras to deserts prior to reaching our customers' doors.
You will be working closely with consumer engineering, packaging, logistics, hardware engineers, and end users in the facilities to craft software across a large set of distributed services. Join us to solve these interesting and complex supply chain problems.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU
- Our stack: Ruby on Rails, Ember, React, PostgreSQL, Kafka, gRPC, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- We’re looking for a mid-level full stack engineer to join a talented team of Rails, Ember, and React engineers.
- You will work closely with your Product and Engineering Manager to understand the needs of our users, and create new features and enhancements to improve operational efficiency, resiliency, and throughput of our applications over a complex operational workflow.
- Some the projects you will work on include:
- Kafka or GRPC messaging to and from order management systems to fulfill orders finalized by blueapron.com
- Develop and upgrade queueing, packing, and sorting software in Fulfillment Managed Systems to scale to the complexity and capacity demands of meal kit assembly
- Integrate with Weather and Geolocation APIs to package and transport perishable goods
- Integrate with Carrier and Tracking APIs to expand our delivery network
- 2-5 years experience as a full stack or frontend software engineer.
- Rails, Ember, or React experience is a plus but not required.
- Willingness to take ownership for your tasks and see features through from start to finish.
- Thoughtful about performance, complexity, maintenance, and the broader effects of a change.
- Understanding of end-to-end testing techniques. Write tests to improve the quality and reliability of your code.
- Participate in code reviews and deliver constructive feedback to peers in a positive way. Welcomes feedback from others on how to improve, setting an example of open and honest communication.
- A thirst for learning and a passion for new technologies, processes, and patterns.
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!