RoR DeveloperAt Chit Chats
- Full Time
Posted on August 26th
Chit Chats vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and price borders to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are at the intersection of being mission-driven, growth-minded and approachable.
Do your colleagues, managers and friends describe you as a leader who always sets a great example and is inspired by meaningful purpose. Can you describe yourself as someone who welcomes all helpful and supportive feedback and seeks out challenges in order to grow and improve? Would a stranger describe you as friendly, welcoming and respectful?
Chit Chats values are not just words we put on our office walls, they are the description of our many exceptional employees who continue to progress, grow and set the bar high. Our values guide us on how to be successful at work and they are in alignment with who we are in life. We look to our values to ensure the right fit and we choose candidates who embody these principles over those who simply have the technical skills and experience required.
We also follow the principles of the book, Five Dysfunctions of a Team. Hope you’ve read it!
We would love to have you join our amazing team if you:
- are an intermediate to senior back end software developer with a good track record in building distributed applications
- have a strong understanding of relational databases
- have architect-level understanding of large systems in which you played an integral role
- have committed yourself to products over multiple releases
- have an understanding of version control and experience with Git is a plus
- are passionate about good code and inspiring products
- are looking for an opportunity to learn and build something that users love
- can tackle a wide variety of technical problems and contribute daily to all parts of our code base
- Educational background in Computer Science an asset
- Experience working with different web tech stacks: libraries (e.g. jQuery, React), frameworks (e.g. Ruby on Rails), testing, etc.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Excited to be working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team
- You are a strong communicator who can explain complex technical concepts to business, design, support, and other stakeholders
- You are eager to jump in and help fix things when things break
- People enjoy working with you because of your technical competence and positive attitude
- You work effectively in cross-disciplinary teams to solve technical and customer-related problems
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!