Rails DeveloperAt Coinberry
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on November 10th
We are Coinberry, founded in 2017, Coinberry is the safest and most secure FINTRAC-registered platform to buy and sell Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, XRP, Stellar and Bitcoin Cash in Canada. We are the first pure-play crypto trading platform in Canada to be fully registered across all provinces and territories and are focused on bringing blockchain and digital currency solutions to Canadians through our online cryptocurrency brokerage.
Trusted by hundreds of thousands of Canadians, we aim to deliver the best-in-class user experience. We support both desktop and mobile experiences across our suite of Web, iOS and Android applications. This is the opportunity to work in both an awesome company and an exciting industry experiencing hyper growth.
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer to be a part of our development team. You will primarily be part of the web development team, working on our web app and API. You’ll be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary responsibilities will involve development of the web interface and server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- Write effective and scalable code in Ruby (and Rails)
- Build back-end components for web applications + API
- Test applications for performance, responsiveness and security
- Review and test other developers’ code
- Integrate data storage and data processing solutions
- Create automated test scripts
- Improve and maintain applications after deployment
- Coordinate with team members who work on different layers of infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Solid understanding of TDD, BDD
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as Sass
- Experience with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated test plans
- Experience working with Git, Github
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiarity with SQL, PostgreSQL querying
- Bonus: Working knowledge of React and React-Native
- Bonus: Working knowledge of containers and container orchestration (e.g. Docker, ECS)
Here’s a bit about the company
- We’ve transitioned to a remote first company
- Our office hours are 9-5 EST, but sometimes life gets in the way and we completely understand. Everyone’s happy as long as your deliverables are being met.
- We’ll stock you up with a company laptop (Macbook Pro) and a home office setup budget
- As a mobile developer you will be given access to company issued hardware (iOS/Android device) to be able to QA your builds outside the emulator
- We have yearly paid vacation.
- We offer a very competitive salary.
- We offer benefits (for Canadian applicants) and ESOP (for all).
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and embrace a diverse and inclusive culture. Currently we’re spread across 4 continents!
- We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Potential candidates will be required to undergo a background check as a condition of employment
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!