Ruby on Rails EngineerAt Connected
- Full Time
Posted on September 13th
Our Software Engineers build products on a variety of platforms and digital mediums, including web and mobile apps, wearables, and other custom hardware. They are passionate about teaching and learning while creating durable, testable code with a relentless commitment to product quality. If you're looking for an amazing opportunity to help us build the future while working with an incredibly dynamic and talented team, we want to work with you!
We're looking for a smart, kind, and reliable Software Engineer who is eager to make a big impact to build and ship high quality products that millions of people use every day.
As a member of our team, you'll be exposed to the entire product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution, and ultimately shipping the final product to market. You’ll be part of a team that fosters mentorship, encourages continuous learning and development, and shares a passion for writing effective code to build software-powered products.
At Connected, we’re on a mission to build better products. We partner with a variety of clients to deliver impactful software-powered experiences to their users. Our team members are smart, kind, reliable, and excited to continuously teach and learn. Connected is one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers and one of LinkedIn’s Top Startups.
- Create robust, well-tested code to implement impactful software features
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and product managers, from both Connected and our clients’ teams to deliver large software products
- Take ownership, make an impact, and build a habit of shipping quality products
- Approach every day with an eagerness to learn and build your skills
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented design fundamentals in Ruby
- Experience working on a scaled production application built on Rails
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Test::Unit or RSpec
- Strong coding skills with a proven ability to write clean, effective, well-tested code
- Experience designing and developing features in large, complex code bases and software systems
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate across disciplines and work closely with clients, even in a remote setting
- Familiarity with an ORM such as ActiveRecord, Sequel, or DataMapper
- Familiarity with concepts such as feature flags, policy objects, serialization, asynchronous process execution, non-destructive database migrations, and database query optimization
- Passion for building products that positively impact users
- Enthusiasm for Agile methodologies, Pair Programming, and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Eager to learn new languages, platforms, and technologies
- Experience working directly with clients
- RRSP Matching
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- Generous extended health benefits
- Wellness Initiatives to support work life balance
- Parental Leave and Maternity Leave
- Annual Education Credit for conferences, courses, workshops, and books to support your professional development
- Annual Fitness Credit for gym memberships, running shoes, or classes
- In 2021, an annual allowance to support a working from home setup
- Our quarterly “Disconnect” events which are a chance for us to bond and unwind as a team
To learn more, visit connected.io/careers
Full-time and Contract Positions Available - Apply Today!
At Connected, we know that the best products are built by diverse and inclusive teams - teams that reflect a range of users and experiences. We're looking for product builders with diverse backgrounds - which go beyond the standard education, work experience, and geolocation. If you want to change how product development is approached, and who products are built for, we encourage you to apply.
We also know that some people aren't comfortable applying unless they feel totally qualified. If you're on the fence or unsure if your experience perfectly matches our job posting, we'd really like you to apply. We are happy to chat and get to know you better, and you can get to know us better as well.
We are also committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process for individuals with disabilities, in line with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you need an accommodation, reach out to our HR team at email@example.com and we’ll work with you to understand what is needed.
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!