Sr. Software EngineerAt Crowd Cow
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on May 27th
How many times in your career do you have the opportunity to help scale a high-growth startup and transform the food system? As the massive, $200 billion categories of meat and seafood move online, Crowd Cow is already on the forefront. We are building the leading brand, offering convenience, assortment, and transparency from farm to table.
Crowd Cow is a mission-driven, Series B funded startup founded in 2015 and featured in leading publications including the New York Times, the TODAY Show, Food & Wine, Forbes, the Guardian, and more.
Join us! Together, with other talented, motivated, and ambitious coworkers, we will build a transformative, scalable, and enduring company that will make a positive impact on the food system.
We’re looking for a senior engineer to join our development team, and work on all aspects of the Crowd Cow platform. In addition to the eCommerce website, we develop tools to optimize our complex logistics, offer unique and amazing customer experiences, and manage a complicated and highly fragmented supply chain. This role is perfect for someone interested in working at a fast-growing startup with highly experienced developers who know how to build successful products. You’re comfortable in an uncertain environment, a fast learner, with a commitment to quality.
You might be a great fit for Crowd Cow's Senior Software Engineer role if you possess the following qualities:
Customer Focus. You have a high degree of customer empathy, and always keep the customer experience front of mind as you build software. You care about the fit, finish, and feel of the experience, not just the functionality. The experiences you build are a pleasure for customers to use.
- High Standards. Your code is fast, reliable, accessible, and secure. You’re proficient in developing high-quality code the first time, and rarely have to rework code already in production to meet these objectives.
- Growth Mindset. You are never satisfied with the status quo. You are constantly looking for ways to be more effective as an engineer.
- Positive, Can-do Attitude. When confronted with challenges of any type, you see opportunities, not problems. You inspire others to confront those challenges, learn from them, and take actions that will make the team and our technology stack stronger.
- Ownership mentality. You hold yourself accountable for anything related to your work and your code. If there's an issue, you show a high degree of ownership to fix it and prevent similar issues in the future.
- Engineering Frugality. You look for creative ways to write compact, high-quality code that gets the job done now vs. larger, more complex code that takes longer to ship and more work to maintain. This approach keeps us moving quickly and gives us the option to continue building in one direction or to shift onto another project that will drive growth in the business faster.
These are the key objective requirements for the role:
- 5+ years working as a software engineer
- Experience building consumer-facing, e-commerce websites. Mobile app experience a plus
- Built and evolved technologies that scaled quickly. We run 20 million asynchronous jobs, versus hundreds of thousands just a short while ago.
- Worked on the full technical stack, including front end UI and infrastructure
We are currently a remote company but have a strong preference for Pacific Time Zone.
Crowd Cow offers a generous PTO and Benefits package to all Full Time Employees.
Candidates must be eligible to legally work in the United States and visa sponsorship is not provided.
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!