Senior Software Developer [Remote or In-office]At Diff
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on June 28th
Are you a talented Senior Software Developer with a passion for implementing new applications?
As a Full Stack Developer, you will be responsible for realizing solutions to fit our clients' needs. You will be tasked with developing new applications using Ruby on Rails, as well as maintaining and improving existing integrations to sustain our ever-growing clientele. You will also have the opportunity to share your knowledge with your teammates and help them grow.
We are Looking for candidates that want to work on east coast hours.
We are planning on reopening the office in September and will adopt a hybrid approach.
Each team member will have the flexibility of working from home or from the office.
Our objective is to ensure we offer as much flexibility as possible to our team members.
What is System Integrations and App development at Diff?
Our main focus is integrating systems to deliver a cohesive solution for sellers to smoothly run their eCommerce business and operations. Our team’s strength lies in identifying and solving business problems. The projects we take on range from data migrations, point-to-point integrations, and custom applications to streamline business and operational processes. We implement holistic solutions that take into consideration all viewpoints from the end-consumer to delivery.
What you’ll do
- Designing, developing, and testing client projects from start to finish leveraging the Ruby on Rails framework.
- Committing code using Git best practices and adhering to project workflows.
- Shipping code on a regular basis and deploying applications to AWS cloud services.
- Applying security best practices in all technical decisions.
- Recording development time using JIRA, and updating the status of their issues accordingly.
- Attending team meetings, and communicating with internal staff via slack, email, and in-person.
- Daily activities include development, application maintenance, monitoring alerts and investigating escalations.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor of Computer Science/Software Engineering (or another related field).
- 5+ years of work experience in a developer position.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle process.
- Excellent programming skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Great sense of teamwork.
- Strong self-management practices with attention to detail.
- The ability to work on multiple projects with strict deadlines, and remain composed under pressure.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal and professional growth.
Bonus Points for...
- Shopify Experience.
- Leadership and knowledge sharing skills.
- Full of life, driving change, and inspiring to others.
- Bilingual (Spoken French & English).
- Hobbies and a sense of humor!
Who we are
Diff is a full-service ecommerce agency that provides brands and retailers with end-to-end solutions to accelerate their growth. As one of the world's top Shopify Plus Partners, our team creates best-in-class, award-winning brand experiences and robust ecommerce operations strategies.
In addition to an award-winning portfolio, we’re also proud of our distinguished company culture. Ranked four years consecutively byGreat Place to Work Canada, we are known for our inclusive values and a corporate culture that helps people reach their full potential. If you are curious about our culture, we invite you to visit our Glassdoor page to see what our people think of us! Our team is currently remote and can be found spread throughout Montreal, Toronto, and the USA.
As Diff has continued to grow, our dedication to our company identity and values has grown too. There are a few things that all of us at Diff have in common:
- We believe that respect and collaboration are the key ingredients for shaping our success. To help foster collaboration we make a habit of open communication and compassion across all our teams!
- We are a group of accountable and creative people who aren’t afraid to do things differently and take ownership of our work.
- We’re always striving to create value and bring that little something extra to the table. We are in relentless pursuit of excellence and are proud of the work we do.
If these are values you identify with, we hope you’ll consider joining Diff!
Bells & whistles
We foster a culture that encourages everyone to be their best selves. From our benefits package to the opportunities we provide for personal growth, we give our fellow differs the chance to evolve in a workplace that’s healthy, supportive and fun.
- Medical, dental & life insurance!
- Access to Dialogue; a telemedicine application that gives easy access to nurses, physicians, therapists, nutritionists, etc.
- Cellphone/Gym allowance
- Flex dollars
- Virtual activities
- Surprise gifts
Please submit a copy of your CV along with a cover letter highlighting what resonates with you about this position and how you identify with Diff’s values. We are excited about the possibility of meeting you!
Diff is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are curious about our culture we invite you to visit our Glassdoor page to see what our people think of us.
- 2020 Best Workplaces™ in Canada by Great Place to Work®, Ranked #30
- 2020 Best Workplaces™ for Women
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!