Software development Team Lead [Remote or In-office]At Diff
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on September 13th
Do you like problem-solving as much as we do?
Being in the system integration team is all about putting the right pieces together. Our team is working with our clients to find the best way to connect their ecommerce platform with their internal systems. If you are an “out of the box” thinker and you feel like the next career move for you is to lead a team, you might just be the missing piece in our puzzle! 🔗
We are Looking for candidates that want to work on east coast hours.
We are planning on reopening the office in September and will adopt a hybrid approach.
Each team member will have the flexibility of working from home or from the office.
Our objective is to ensure we offer as much flexibility as possible to our team members.
What is System Integrations and App development at Diff?
Our main focus is integrating systems to deliver a cohesive solution for sellers to smoothly run their eCommerce business and operations. Our team’s strength lies in identifying and solving business problems. The projects we take on range from data migrations, point-to-point integrations, and custom applications to streamline business and operational processes. We implement holistic solutions that take into consideration all viewpoints from the end-consumer to delivery.
What you’ll do
- Supervise a team of 4-5 developers and serve as their technical mentor
- Be a hands-on developer for most of your day - designing, developing, and testing client projects from start to finish, leveraging the Ruby on Rails framework
- Be highly involved in the architecture of projects while keeping in mind their scalability and the best development practices
- Manage the workflow of your team
- Share your knowledge with other teams and contribute to a common infrastructure that everyone can benefit from
- Spearhead new initiatives and processes
What you’ll need
- DEC or College-level diploma or higher in Computer Science/Software Engineering (or other related fields)
- You are passionate about software engineering and want to share everything you know
- You have been a mentor for some of your past colleagues and you liked it!
- If you have not managed a team yet, you feel like it is the right next step for your career
- You have worked in a well-structured environment and have seen good CI/CD, deployment and monitoring practices
- You like to solve problems and cannot resist fixing what is not working well
- You can transform business processes into technical requirements
- You have great object-oriented coding skills and feel comfortable mentoring your team
- You believe in constructive feedback, and you are skilled at giving and receiving it
- You want to keep growing and developing your skills
Bonus Points for...
- Hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails
- Exposure to ecommerce projects in the past
- The ability and interest to speak with clients
- Prior management experience
- Having an atypical skill or superpower and owning it
Who we are
Diff is a full-service ecommerce agency that provides brands and retailers with end-to-end solutions to accelerate their growth. As one of the world's top Shopify Plus Partners, our team creates best-in-class, award winning brand experiences and robust ecommerce operations strategies.
In addition to an award-winning portfolio, we’re also proud of our distinguished company culture. Ranked four years consecutively byGreat Place to Work Canada, we are known for our inclusive values and a corporate culture that helps people reach their full potential. If you are curious about our culture, we invite you to visit our Glassdoor page to see what our people think of us! Our team is currently remote and can be found spread throughout Montreal, Toronto and the USA.
As Diff has continued to grow, our dedication to our company identity and values has grown too. There are a few things that all of us at Diff have in common:
- We believe that respect and collaboration are the key ingredients for shaping our success. To help foster collaboration we make a habit of open communication and compassion across all our teams!
- We are a group of accountable and creative people who aren’t afraid to do things differently and take ownership of our work.
- We’re always striving to create value and bring that little something extra to the table. We are in relentless pursuit of excellence and are proud of the work we do.
If these are values you identify with, we hope you’ll consider joining Diff!
Our tech stack
- Sublime Text, RubyMine, or your IDE of choice
- Git w/ Bitbucket
- Shopify Admin
- AWS Console
Bells & whistles
We foster a culture that encourages everyone to be their best selves. From our benefits package to the opportunities we provide for personal growth, we give our fellow differs the chance to evolve in a workplace that’s healthy, supportive and fun.
- Medical, dental & life insurance!
- Access to Dialogue; a telemedicine application that gives easy access to nurses, physicians, therapists, nutritionists, etc.
- Cellphone/Gym allowance
- Flex dollars
- Virtual activities
- Surprise gifts
Please submit a copy of your CV along with a cover letter highlighting what resonates with you about this position and how you identify with Diff’s values. We are excited about the possibility of meeting you!
Diff is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are curious about our culture we invite you to visit our Glassdoor page to see what our people think of us.
- 2020 Best Workplaces™ in Canada by Great Place to Work®, Ranked #30
- 2020 Best Workplaces™ for Women
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!