Senior Software Engineer - Ruby (Remote)At Experity
- Sioux Falls, SD
- Machesney Park, IL
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on October 30th
Experity is the leading software and services company for on-demand healthcare in the U.S. urgent care market, providing an integrated operating system complete with electronic medical record (EMR), practice management, patient engagement, billing, teleradiology, business intelligence and consulting solutions. Nearly 50% of the U.S. urgent care market runs on Experity solutions. With Experity, providers can best meet the demands of the evolving on-demand space and deliver high-quality, high-velocity care by streamlining operations, improving patient experiences and optimizing revenue.
In addition to medical, dental and vision benefits Experity offers:
- Quarterly bonuses
- Flexible schedules
- Gym reimbursements
- Fun company events throughout the year (summer picnic, Christmas party and more!)
- Team building
- 401K company match
- Experity Synthetic Equity Program (ESEP)
- Paid time off
- Volunteer paid time off
This positions is eligible to work remotely or a hybrid of remote and in the office. If you live a commutable distance to one of our office we would love to see you!
- The Software Engineer’s primary function will be to design, development, maintenance, and support of custom web-based applications.
- Be responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and support of custom web-based applications which includes the development and modification of frontend and backend code
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with project teams on design specifications and system requirements
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Full stack experience
- Extensive experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with version control software (Git, GitHub)
- Experience with Restful API implementations
- Experience with Rspec testing tool
- Experience with Sidekiq background job scheduler
- Experience configuring and managing cloud environments (AWS or Azure)
- Strong understanding of software design patterns
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies and release process
- Experience mentoring junior developers
Nice to Have(s):
- Experience building and working in a mostly automated CI/CD pipeline
- Experience building serverless applications
- Terraform / Cloudformation / AWS CDK or other Infrastructure as Code
- Familiarity with cloud-based monitoring tools such as NewRelic, Sentry, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases (PostgreSQL preferred but not required)
- Familiarity with NoSQL Databases (especially DynamoDB or similar Document Stores)
Every team member exhibits our core values
- Team First
- Lift others up
- Share openly
- Set and Crush goals
- Delight the Client
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!