Senior Software DeveloperAt FONEMED
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on July 13th
If you thrive on creativity and innovation, then this is the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a full-time Senior Software Developer to join our innovative and growing team. This position can work from our St. John’s, NL office or work remotely anywhere in Atlantic Canada.
Who We Are
Founded in 1996, Fonemed seeks to make a positive difference in the healthcare of others through their daily interactions. With a mission “to provide excellence in Nurse Advice, Health Information and Telemedicine for the patients we serve”, Fonemed takes pride in its employees, customers and industry partners, providing the highest level of quality and outstanding client experience. We pride ourselves on practicing a Culture of Care in everything we do.
Through virtual care, we meet and provide care for individuals where they are, in their homes, communities, or other locations where they live their lives. With almost 250 employees and over 400 clients throughout the United States and Canada, you share the company’s passion to defy the conventional boundaries of time and distance to get the right care to the right patient when and where it is needed the most.
To deliver virtual care to our clients we rely on our cutting-edge technology. This is where you come in! Fonemed has a proprietary Health Management Software Platform as well as Virtual Care Applications. Innovation is a part of our culture and you will get to build brand new enhancements to our existing platforms that will keep Fonemed a leader in the virtual care industry. We encourage outside the box thinking and strive on continuous improvement in everything we do.
Why Work With Us
We are a growing company who values our greatest resource - our people! We provide an energetic company culture and a welcoming team. We offer our team the opportunity to work in an exciting industry and a competitive compensation package, including health and dental benefits, a company matching RRSP, and a generous paid leave program.
This position is a senior level software development role that will provide full cycle software development of our suite of Population Health Management products. This role will work collaboratively with the clinical management team as well as the development team.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures.
The skills and qualifications required to excel in this position include:
- University degree or college diploma in an IT related field from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- 7+ years of experience in software development, particularly with large software development projects;
- Experience in cloud software development (e.g. AWS, Azure) would be considered an asset but not a requirement;
- Experience in mobile app development is an asset;
- Some project management experience would be considered an asset;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of an organization and contributing to employee engagement and a positive company culture;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple competing priorities;
- A continuous improvement and innovative mindset;
- A positive attitude and tremendous team collaboration abilities.
It’s an exciting time at Fonemed and you will have the opportunity to experience and impact the changing face of virtual healthcare in North America. If you want to join this engaged and growing team, please apply as soon as possible for this urgent and immediate opportunity!
FONEMED is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. We appreciate the interest of everyone who applies for the position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit our website at www.fonemed.com.
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!