Senior Rails Integrations DeveloperAt Foodee
- Full Time
- Partial Remote
Posted on July 1st
Are you passionate about office culture and local food? We’re Foodee, a team of food experts who help office managers and executive assistants bring great local food into the office. Our corporate meal delivery platform enables office managers and their teams to order meals with ease so that everyone eats exactly what they want.
We are looking for talented developers to help build and improve the technology that powers our business - including our customer ordering experience, vendor management, recommendations, vendor scheduling, and real-time order tracking.
This role has a specific focus on integrating with third-party SasS products using REST APIs or equivalent technologies.
As a developer at Foodee you will:
- Make an impact by solving interesting problems
- Participate in product direction, system architecture, and team evolution
- Ensure code quality using industry standards, peer reviews, automated testing
- Mentor less experienced developers
- Work with passionate people who take ownership of product features and process
- Have the ability to work remotely 2 days out of the week
- Participate in weekly learning sessions where you’ll experiment with new technologies and techniques
Our Stack & Process
- Hosting - AWS/Heroku
- Backend - Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, Sidekiq, Wordpress (Blog CMS)
- FrontEnd - Ember, React Native, SCSS / LESS,
- Version Control - Git (Github)
- Dev Environment - Mac + Docker
- Continuous Delivery with Codeship + Heroku
- Jira + Confluence for Issue tracking, planning, and specification
You excel at
- Building durable systems with Ruby on Rails
- Integrating between systems using APIs and other technologies
- Designing RESTful APIs
- Relational databases such as PostgreSQL/MySQL
- Key-value stores (Redis, Memcached)
- Test Automation including writing unit, integration, and feature tests in both Rails and JS applications
- Designing and implementing successful scalable and reliable applications with an eye towards performance
- Working with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders
Nice To Have
- Experience with server management - AWS, Heroku, Azure, etc.
- Experience with automated test infrastructure, build and deploy tools
- Any full-scale production projects using front-end technologies - Ember, React, Angular, Backbone, etc.
- Experience with managing emails, push & SMS notifications
- Experience working in an Agile / SCRUM environment
At Foodee we are committed to strengthening local restaurants, and it all starts with our people. We’re creating a culture where everyone feels included and diversity is celebrated, and we believe that makes our business better. We strive to open every window of opportunity to discover our future applicants, and in each role, we endeavour to look beyond your work and educational experience. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. We can’t wait to see what you bring to the table.
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!