Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack (Remote)At HomeStars
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on September 14th
HomeStars is Canada’s leading platform connecting homeowners with qualified service professionals. Every month over half a million homeowners visit HomeStars to research and select the best-rated home service professionals nearby. Visit us at homestars.com to learn more!
At HomeStars, we embrace and celebrate uniqueness within our work community. We believe our greatest ideas come from a diverse mix of mindsets, backgrounds, and experiences. We’re committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment where all of our employees feel welcome, comfortable, and have the opportunity to thrive.
As an Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to help build new exciting products, improve our platform, and work with a highly talented team, living by our engineering values.
Our Engineering Values:
- Seek to Understand and Be Understood
- Make User-Driven, Data Informed Decisions
- Think Big, Ship Small, to Maximize Learning
- Champion Belonging and Wellness for Everyone
- Take Responsibility to Build Sustainably
- Commit to Continuous Learning
- Languages / Frameworks: Ruby on Rails, React, NodeJS
- Datastores: MySQL, Postgres
- Cloud Provider: AWS
- Messaging: RabbitMQ
- You have extensive experience with Ruby on Rails
- You have designed and built software for a distributed system
- You write clean code, and you help others improve theirs’
- You confidently improve legacy applications
- You clearly explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- You are continuously learning and share freely with others
- You value shipping quality software and constantly test what you build
Nice to have:
- Experience leading teams
- Experience with TDD / BDD
- Experience owning your software in production
- Experience with continuous deployment
- Remote work - Our Software Engineering roles are remote (full time). You can work anywhere in Canada (EST hours) but if you're in the Toronto area we'll definitely welcome you into the office from time to time!
- Excellent Benefits Package - We want a healthy and productive team
- Equity Program - An opportunity for all of our employees to share in HomeStars' success
- December Break - The office is closed the week before New Year’s Eve, every year
- Personal Growth. We provide constructive feedback to foster their career growth
- We are growing fast - HomeStars is part of the ANGI Homeservices Inc. family which is public and includes top home service brands like Home Advisor and Angie’s List
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto, including a rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts and foosball
HomeStars has recently been recognized as:
- Best Workplaces Managed by Women, Canada 2020
- Best Workplaces in Technology, Canada 2020
- Best Workplaces for Today’s Youth, Canada 2020
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!