Senior Software Engineer- API and Ruby/RailsAt Housecall Pro
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on August 16th
Housecall Pro is the #1 rated app for home service companies in the United States. We are a mission driven company- we champion our pros to success; when they win, we all do. Come help us tackle a large market ($700b+) generally underserved by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor!
Our Engineering team is extraordinary. We’re a hardworking and focused team driven to deliver industry-leading apps to our service professional customers. Our success is their success. Our team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused team members are the "engine room" of Housecall Pro, helping our customers operate and grow their businesses.
The Role: Sr. Ruby/RoR Software Engineer, API Developer
With a burgeoning app store and more companies requesting to integrate every day, we’re looking for the next Senior Ruby/ROR Software Engineer to build, shape, and support our public API. You will be responsible for the development and refinement of our public API, documentation, as well as communication with third party developers to ensure their success when integrating, while protecting Housecall Pro’s data and interests.
You are the right person for this role if you are: curious and a critical thinker, passionate about helping others, and great at maintaining relationships. You are self-motivated. You are a team player and goal-oriented. You are a risk-taker and not afraid to break the rules in order to prove something you believe in.
What you'll be doing
- Develop, document, and deploy updates to Housecall Pro’s public API, built on Ruby/RoR
- Support and communicate with third party developers
- Identify and mitigate potential API risks
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Work with product management to refine initial concepts features that deliver customer delight
- Build and execute a high velocity of smart, highly performant server side A/B tests to increase business metrics
- Stay up to date with new Growth and Personalization tools
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Develop and maintain code quality standards and enforce them across the team
- Continually introduce architectural improvements and refactorings to the code baseline
- Write automated tests at the appropriate architectural level
- Conduct code reviews and architectural reviews for features developed by other members of the team
- Lead feature teams in their weekly iterations
- Maintain and improve our continuous integration and development environments
- Ability to work at a fast pace with a drive to quickly deliver value to our customers
- BS, MS or Ph.D in a computer science / computer engineering program
- 3-10 years industry experience developing commercial Ruby/RoR applications
- 1-2 years experience leading teams and performing code reviews
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Strong proficiency with continuous integration/continuous deployment
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!