Lead Software EngineerAt Leapcure technologies
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on August 23rd
Leapcure helps patients access clinical trial treatment when existing care can’t meet their needs. We’ve already saved over 60 years of research across 42 countries and played a part in saving thousands of lives with our COVID-19 work in the past year. We are a values based, autonomous, fully remote company, with global team members based in seven countries.
We are looking for a lead full stack Ruby on Rails engineer to own our product vision and implementation. You’ll inherit a thoroughly tested, up-to-date Rails code base, and expand the patient voice within clinical trials via predictive patient outcomes modeling and immersive data visualization capabilities. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about enabling large scale medical breakthroughs with behavioral AI technology that you will pioneer.
Leapcure is a leading voice for DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) in research. Our diverse community partnerships accelerated awareness and helped Moderna obtain their Phase 3 vaccine approval, saving roughly one month from their approval timeline. In addition, Leapcure is paving the path for more inclusive clinical trial design and is committed to ensure that research representation is culturally educated.
Lastly, we have a weekly blinkist club for all employees (Cliff’s Notes book club) where we turn video on and chat about stuff. Our standards are low, but we will secretly judge you if you pick anything from the Twilight saga.
In this role, you will:
- Support the company's core website, applications and platforms, making changes and adding features as required
- Collaborate daily with multiple departments
- Create and define an engineering department and mentor other developers
- Be an important contributor in higher-level discussions about architecture, infrastructure, design, technology choices, hiring, etc.
- Help Leapcure continue to define DEI technology standards in clinical trials
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 5-7 years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Experience building high-quality, tested applications with Ruby on Rails following best practices to keep development predictable, rapid and easy to grow
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the engineering initiatives to key stakeholders
- A passion to learn and impart knowledge to others and communicate engineering tasks and goals to both technical and non-technical team members
- Familiar with UX & UI best principles, with a keen eye for clean and intuitive designs
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related field a plus
- Experience working in health tech
- Experience working with digital advertising platforms (Google, Facebook, etc) and their respective API’s
- Startup company experience
- AWS experience
- Ruby on Rails
- Sidekiq background workers
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- Core application hosted on AWS (CDK, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, RDS, ECS, S3, SecretsManager, CloudFront etc)
- Secondary application hosted on Heroku
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!