Software Engineer - Application DevelopmentAt ListenFirst
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on October 12th
ListenFirst is looking for junior to mid-level software engineers to work on client facing and internal web applications, as well as the infrastructure and platform architecture that connects our end-user applications and back-end data systems.
We are a social media analytics startup founded in 2012. Software engineers at ListenFirst have the satisfaction of knowing that their efforts play a critical role in the success of a small and growing company that succeeds in competing against industry giants. Come join a team filled with incredibly talented individuals who are focused on a singular goal: building reliable and insightful analytics that marketing executives in Fortune 500 companies depend upon.
The ideal candidate is a well rounded computer scientist, capable of working on big-data problems and has a passion for application development.
- Environments: Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Redshift
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including but not limited to: knowledge of data structures, algorithmic analysis, RDBMS, and networking
- Provable programming prowess with both statically and dynamically typed languages
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and design experiments to quickly validate ideas
- An eagerness to learn from, teach, and otherwise collaborate with colleagues
- Experience with version control systems (git preferred)
- Experience with Unix-based environments (e.g. Linux distributions, macOS, etc.)
- Experience working on large data sets
- Experience working on a sizable source code base
- Experience or interest in working with: Ruby on Rails, React, and AWS
- Experience or interest in building and integrating applications with 1st and 3rd party APIs
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or another analytic subject area; Masters or Doctorate degree holders are also encouraged to apply
Candidates will need to apply software engineering techniques to solve challenging human-data interface problems. As might be expected in a startup company, the range of problems will go far beyond this primary responsibility which is why the ideal candidate is dynamic, smart, and motivated. The sky is the limit.
This position is in the engineering team and will require working closely with the product and client services teams, thus candidates need to have exceptional communication skills and a team-first attitude. This is a great opportunity to work on challenging market-relevant problems as the social media analytics industry is taking off! Candidates should be open minded and eager to learn.
This position is open in New York City, NY or remote. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S.
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!