Software Engineer, Backend - RemoteAt Maisonette
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on October 14th
Maisonette was founded by two moms in 2017 with the goal of helping modern families navigate the adventure of raising the next generation. We are an expertly-curated baby and kids' marketplace featuring the best products from around the globe: stylish clothing, top toys and gear, and home décor – plus, trusted guidance and inspiration.
We are a fast-growing venture-backed start-up with a unique positioning in the kid's market. We believe what you consume for your kids matters. So whether you’re looking for the safest car seat, the latest STEM toy, or tips on how to sleep train, we’re here for you… like family.
“When Luisana and I started Maisonette, our goal was to make it easier to find high quality products for our kids, so we could spend less time scrolling, and more time on the good stuff. But today, our mission goes well beyond the product itself; it’s a commitment to family. To empowering parents to make the best decisions for their families. And to bringing a little bit of magic into family life every day.” – Sylvana Durrett, CEO
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work is the right thing to do. We look forward to interest in our roles from all walks of life. Please see our diversity report for more information.
What We Need
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join a talented, hard working team of engineers who are responsible for applications that support users across all platforms that make up Maisonette. In this role, you will get a chance to collaborate with other engineers in a cross functional team, as well as work closely with our product team to create exciting new functionality which will support the happiness and growth of our customers, vendors, and internal business users.
We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
What You'll Do
- Work with Engineering, Data & Analytics, Product, and research partners to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and translate that into effective technical solutions;
- Work in a Ruby on Rails, SQL, AWS application stack
- Participate in the software development lifecycle as it relates to planning sprints, developing new features, fixing bugs, and communicating the status of work;
- Deliver quality code by placing a strong emphasis on unit and feature testing;
- Implement changes to our internal applications to improve productivity, happiness, speed, and observability.
- Experience with object oriented programming and RESTful APIs;
- Motivated to tackle problems with an analytical, detail oriented mindset, and take pride in well thought out solutions;
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment and sharing knowledge to help grow the team;
- Showcases a growth mindset, frequently reflecting on opportunities for personal development.
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!