Lead Developer Ruby on RailsAt MTM.Design
- Full Time
Posted on July 7th
MTM.Design is the technology company behind Surmesur and several other bespoke clothing chains in Canada, the United States and Australia .
By combining technology and the art of traditional tailors, MTM.Design customers offer a completely unique shopping experience. We work tirelessly to remain a leader, creators of trends.
At MTM.Design, we encourage employees to think creatively and help them grow both personally and professionally. In addition to working in a really exciting field, you will be able to have access to continuing education, sartorial advantages and have the opportunity to grow in a company that is on the rise.
We aspire to become the North American benchmark for everything related to the “backend” required by the bespoke clothing industry. MTM.Design is currently seeking a talented and passionate individual to work as a Ruby on Rails Developer. This is a permanent, full-time position that offers the ideal candidate the perfect opportunity to grow and acquire new skills in an inspiring and rewarding work environment.
MTM.Design is looking for a Ruby on Rails “lead dev” / developer who wishes to participate in the development of our online and in-store sales platform. Most of the tasks related to the position are related to IT development and certain responsibilities of the product team will also be delegated to the person retained.
- Develop and integrate new features in a Scrum and Kanban development context (backend and frontend)
- Orient application solutions and technical specifications
- Coach developers with less experience
- Ensure the quality of the code and initiate code refactoring projects
- Integrate solutions with supplier APIs
- Document the main parts of code
- Validate and propose solutions to improve the performance of the application
- Monitor technology
- Support all clients (Canada, United States and Australia) with the rest of the team
Qualifications and Requirements
- Good knowledge of English
- Over 6 years with Ruby on Rails
- CSS3 / SASS / HTML5
- Bootstrap and “Responsive” design
- Knowledge of AWS, Heroku, Jira, Bitbucket
- MySQL / relational databases
- Ease of finding solutions to problems
- Passionate about Ruby
- Curious and self-taught, likes to learn new technologies
- Service oriented architecture
- Knowledge of web security and SEO
- Used to doing TDD
Some advantages offered by MTM.Design
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Tele-work or on site (Montreal or Quebec)
- Unlimited vacations
- Group insurance plan
- Group savings plan
- Continuing education
- 50% discount at all times on all Surmesur products
- Stock option
- Stimulating work environment
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!