Intermediate Full Stack Developer - OSG OnlineAt OSG
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on September 14th
We’re looking for an Intermediate Full Stack Software Developer to join our Development Team and work on our OSG Online suite of products and LMS (Learning Management System).
In this role, you will play a big part in building the core of OSG’s products and will have an opportunity to touch many parts of development. You will take on the challenge of writing high-quality code using our stack (Ruby on Rails, React, PostgreSQL, AWS, GraphQL) and experimenting with new technologies. We need our teammates to be versatile, work independently and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push our technology forward.
As a remote first company, this opportunity will be a work from home role.
*Please note, there is one position available - multiple locations posted for sourcing purposes only*
What will you do in this role?
- Help design new features
- Implement and test current and new features
- Participate in Code Reviews
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure designs and features meet their needs
- Maintain existing applications and systems in AWS
What you can bring to the table:
- Post Secondary Education in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 2+ years of relevant experience within a multi functional team
- Working knowledge of Ruby/Ruby on Rails is a plus, but Python/NodeJS is also beneficial
- Strong understanding of databases - we use PostgreSQL
- Understanding of Infrastructure and System Integration
- The ability to be self-motivated, relentlessly focused on impact, and operate with a great deal of independence
- Intermediate knowledge of web design, application principles and tools, programming concepts, and software development cycles
- Experience with AWS and server provisioning/architecture
- Experience integrating with SPA (Single Page Application) using an API (ideally GraphQL)
- Experience developing with WCAG/Accessibility standards is highly desirable
What’s in it for you:
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, vision, and dental
- Competitive compensation
- Physical and mental rest, enjoy personal wellness days
- Flexible hours, we know that the 9-5 doesn’t work for everyone
Who are we?
We're OSG - a team dedicated to changing the way people view workplace wellbeing. We partner with businesses across Canada, enhancing the performance and wellness of their workplaces. Our training, consulting, and software partnered with various health and safety products equip our clients with the tools needed to keep their organizations productive, healthy, and inclusive. We’re firm believers in practicing what we preach - at OSG you can expect an inclusive workplace that champions professional growth.
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!