Senior Engineering Lead - Product IntegrationsAt Privy
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on August 2nd
Privy, a subsidiary of Attentive, is the email marketing platform for Shopify & Wix stores that need the tools & coaching to grow from $0 to $1 million in sales. We're the #1 reviewed sales app in the Shopify app store, and to date 500,000+ small e-commerce brands around the world use Privy-- and we've helped them generate $6 billion in sales so far. Our mission is to provide the tools, education, and support small ecommerce brands need to grow their online stores and build thriving businesses.
Privy is a rapidly growing, successful startup that takes pride in the fact that our employees make a big impact, not just on our business, but on our customers too. We work with merchants from all different geographies, industries, and backgrounds, and we have a team with the life experiences to match.
We were named an Inc. 5000 fastest growing company (2 consecutive years!), and a Built In Boston Best Place to Work. And guess what? With our recent acquisition by text marketing leader, Attentive, we're not slowing down any time soon!
At Privy, we're building a company that we love, and we measure our success by our customers' success. Our culture of transparency and respect empowers our team to love their work life...while also maintaining a fulfilling life of their own. We recognize that our employees work incredibly hard not only to help build Privy, but also to build the businesses of the merchants that we support. That's why we build our team with the brightest and nicest people around, and we take care to ensure every individual feels valued in the unique strengths they bring to the table.
- Lead development of Privy's product integrations with third party platforms and APIs, balancing sustainable design and architecture with feature velocity.
- Implement new product features using Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and Redis.
- Communicate with product managers, designers, and engineers to align on business objectives and technical direction.
- Devise software design and testing techniques to improve product quality and reduce defects.
- Manage, coach, and mentor engineers as required, continuously improving the team and process.
- Continuously improve yourself, your teammates and the development process fostering a sustainable and high-performing team dynamic. Celebrate each team member's unique strengths.
- We practice rapid iteration - if it’s been reviewed and makes production better, deploy to production.
- Before coding, we sweat the details and edge cases, debate the design, and disagree openly.
- We use the best tools money can buy, and focus on solving real problems for customers, not reinventing the wheel.
- We have a growth mindset and consider growth a part of every engineer's job, with dedicated investment time and resources to match.
- We empathize with our merchants, who come from every industry and background imaginable, and we're building a product to support their diverse needs.
- For an inside look at the engineering team culture, visit Privy's Engineering Blog.
Minimum required qualifications:
- At least 5 years professional software development experience and a B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent. Alternatively, at least 6 years professional software development experience.
- Expert at Ruby on Rails - you can create and teach idiomatic code, object-oriented design, and loosely coupled architecture.
- You have a deep understanding of web application architecture.
- Communicate ideas clearly, and write intelligently.
Why Privy Engineering:
We're tackling interesting engineering and scaling problems managing high data volumes and the unique challenges of working alongside tens of thousands of unique store configurations.
Our teams are highly autonomous: we organize into small (3-5 engineer) teams working with designers and product managers to make rapid and continuous progress every day.
Our test suite is highly parallelized and completes in just 6 minutes, and every merge to the main branch is automatically built, tested, and deployed to production.
We love to stay up to date and use modern versions of modern frameworks: Rails 6.1+, and React 16.13+.
Why you should join Privy:
We take pride in the fact that our employees make a significant impact not just on our business, but on our customers big and small, ranging from FIGS to Death Wish Coffee, and everyone in between. Our team is made up of all different backgrounds and life experiences, from tech veterans to weekend warriors with small businesses of their own.
Our benefits that put people first:
- Unlimited vacation policy with a two week minimum
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Flexible work hours and fully remote options, including reimbursement for WeWork All Access
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- Annual charitable donation matching program
- 12-weeks 100% paid leave for new parents
Our commitment to candidates:
Sometimes self-doubt can be a mental roadblock when applying for a job. But here's the thing-- there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Ticking all the boxes isn't the only thing we look for. At Privy, we're building a company that we love, where our team can grow, and work toward our mission together. So, however you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, always feel encouraged to apply. If Privy excites you and you think you'd be happy to come into work every day doing this job, connect with us.
At Privy we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!