Senior Software Engineer (Ruby/Rails)At Procare Solutions
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on January 15th
Our mission is to simplify childcare operations and create meaningful connections by providing technology, expertise, and unparalleled service.
Procare Solutions is the number 1 name in childcare software – used by more than 35,000 childcare businesses across the country. For over 30 years, childcare professionals have looked to Procare to provide real-time information for making critical decisions, maintaining compliance with local and state regulations, and adhering to business best practices.
We make childcare management run smoothly, so that our customers can spend more time focusing on the kiddos, not back office administrative duties.
A Little About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer on our team you will help build and maintain a best-in-class SaaS web and mobile solution. We have built a solution which enables child care organizations to efficiently and intuitively manage their business, so they can focus on the children. The demands for these organizations are high and you will be a part in helping our customers easily manage their growing business complexity by making their daily demands simple to navigate. This includes features to enable communication with teachers, parents and leads; tracking and recording daily activities for children, staff schedules and payroll as well as customer billing to name a few.
You’ll be a key member of our growing engineering team while we expand on existing features and deliver new functionality. Our fast-paced, agile environment uses modern technologies where you will help optimize our code and cloud infrastructure for stability and performance. We value self-starters with the ability to communicate ideas effectively and contribute to our culture of respect, dedication, and fun. Clean code, principles over dogma, and balancing the pull between practical vs perfect solutions round out the qualities we seek and value.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Design, Product Management, and Engineering
- Develop and deploy features across the tech stack
- Write maintainable code while iterating and shipping rapidly
- Ensure appropriate automated test coverage for optimal product reliability and release velocity
- Develop and document REST APIs
- Contribute to improving development, Agile, and CI delivery best practices
- Present new ideas and respectfully debate those ideas with the team requirements
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 5+ years of experience building web and SaaS based applications
- 4+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails (RoR) and excitement about dabbling in other frameworks and technologies
- A keen eye for good RESTful API design and/or microservice architecture
- AWS experience a plus
- Experience with Git source control
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Agile processes in a structured setting (Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- BS in Computer Science or related experience
- Excellent comprehensive benefits packages including: medical, dental, & vision plans- choose the plan best for you
- HSA option with employer contributions of $50/month
- Vacation time, holidays, sick days, volunteer & personal days
- 401K Plan with employer match and immediate vesting
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Transportation FSA Plans
- Company paid Short and Long-Term disability and Life Insurance
- RTD EcoPass for all Denver employees
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $2,000/year and continued Professional Development
- Free access to our Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 live support
- Casual workplace environment
- Some meals provided
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Prime downtown location close to restaurants and entertainment
- Promote from within- excellent career paths
$120,000 - $150,000 DOE
This position can be remote. If you are located in Denver CO, Medford OR, or Rochester Hills MI, you will have the option to come into the office. Based on local COVID-19 health regulations and business needs candidates must be vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine or have a medical exemption or religious accommodation.
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!