Senior Backend Engineer - RemoteAt Roadster
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on April 8th
Roadster is looking for a senior back-end web developer to join our Engineering team. The ideal candidate will start with a base of solid skills in server-side programming (object model and schema design, building browser-facing APIs, relational DBs, integrating with REST/SOAP APIs, processing data feeds, etc). In addition, you will have experience designing software solutions to meet business requirements in a modern cloud environment, working closely with designers, product managers and other stakeholders, and possibly leading a small implementation team. If you also have exposure to building web user interfaces (more "full stack"), you'll have the opportunity to use those skills as well.
Our current stack includes Rails, Postgres, Redis, Elastic, Vue and Cloudflare, currently deployed via Heroku, running in multiple locales in multiple data centers. We run a CI pipeline and ship code multiple times per day.
As part of a small, dynamic team, you'll be able to have a direct impact on our business, work in many areas of our system, be exposed to new technologies, and ultimately develop and grow professionally. Our founding team has deep technical and product experience, enjoys mentoring, and seeks to build an environment where you can continue to develop and grow professionally.
- Taking a lead role in designing and building application features across different product areas, including owning performance, scalability and satisfaction of business requirements.
- Performance measurement and optimization at the Postgres, Elasticsearch or application level.
- Evaluation and deployment of new technologies as we scale our platform.
- 7 or more years of software engineering experience, building web application products.
- BS in Computer Science degree (or relevant degree).
- Solid understanding of relational DBs and SQL, web-based APIs, distributed computing, and cloud application architecture. Experience addressing performance and scalability concerns.
- Experience designing significant software features (multi-man-month LOE). Understands the complete product lifecycle.
- Strong communications skills, with an interest in collaborating with cross-functional team members.
Nice to have
- Experience with Rails, Postgres, Heroku or Elastic.
- Experience with concurrent programming tools and techniques.
- Experience building data pipelines for analytics or other purposes.
Become a part of a fast-growing company in a rapidly changing industry
The opportunity to have a direct impact on important product and strategy decisions
Health, Dental, Vision, and 401k
Employee Referral Program
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Opportunities for Growth
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!