Software ArchitectAt SalesLoft
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on June 3rd
Job Title: Software Architect
Location: Remote - US
WHY YOU’LL LOVE SALESLOFT:
Location: Remote - US
WHY YOU’LL LOVE SALESLOFT:
Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
These are the values that define who we are, and which have empowered our staggering growth since our founding in 2011.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, with additional offices in San Francisco, New York, London and Guadalajara, SalesLoft has over 500 employees and is growing by the day. As a testament to the culture and company we've collectively built, our world-class team has been named twice by Deloitte as a ‘Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America,’ featured by The New York Times as a start-up that ‘may be the next unicorn... on a path to a $1B valuation,' and has consistently been recognized as a ‘#1 Best Place to Work in Atlanta.’ SalesLoft is disrupting the Sales Engagement space and is on a mission to activate the authentic seller in all of us.
We’re on a mission to redefine an industry! This is challenging work – but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling. We’re fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!
Although we’re proud of our history, we’re just as excited about the future. We want to create a world-class culture and company that attracts, develops, engages and retains the nation’s elite talent.
At SalesLoft, our Software Architect are pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing Architecture Team working on new technologies in an environment that supports your technical and professional growth.
In addition to working with amazing colleagues who exemplify our ‘team over self’ core value, you will also have the opportunity to create an impactful and revolutionary software that is changing the way sellers sell. You will have an opportunity to make a difference.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking individuals who can accomplish any task assigned with no additional direction, participates in cross-team planning and estimation, significantly influential in their team, fully understands the goals of the team and department and effectively influences to achieve them. Covers the Product Surfaces supported by their team and related areas. Demonstrates exceptional levels of ownership of the teams development efforts focusing on how the components within the team's surface area work together. The architect carries the vision for their surface area. The architect understands the underlying infrastructure of their surface area and takes ownership in the monitoring of the application. In the event of a incident involving the architect responsible for the affected product surface should take a lead role in addressing the issue. Architects are responsible for working with their teams to develop Feature Development Plans (FDP) and reviewing the plans submitted by other teams. Contributes to and executes off of the Architecture Backlog. A Software Architect is expected to focus 20% of their time on Architecture initiatives, the remaining 80% would be for team activities.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for contributing in planning and grooming sessions, coding, reviewing team members code, and providing ongoing support for the production product.
If you’re passionate about sales technology, providing a world-class customer experience, and thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth startup environment, then becoming a Software Architect is the career path for you!
Our SalesLoft’s Engineering team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming Software Engineers and Architects who are all aligned on one mission: to redefine the Sales Engagement space and activate the authentic seller in all of us.
The Engineering team consists of Full Stack engineers and Architects who work in all areas of the product, with the opportunity to develop in-depth expertise in an area of the platform. They are also the epitome of our core values - Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
THE SKILL SET:
- 7+ years of experience building large scale web applications
- Experience with technologies like Ruby on Rails, Elixir, and Golang
- Ability to work with React and Angular
- Experience in an environment like AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres (Citus), ElasticSearch, and Kafka.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend SalesLoft’s New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our SalesLoft story and understand what makes our “Lofters” unique
- Attend the half day introduction to Salesloft Engineering, where you will get a high level introduction to the architecture of the platform and learn the basic processes of the Engineering Team.
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-6-90 plan, and be assigned to a development team.
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Regularly commit production code
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be very knowledgeable of your team’s surface area.
- Be able to take significant ownership for developing a new feature
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be a major contributor to team planning and execution
- Be mentoring support engineers on engineering practices and coding standards
- Achieve the results defined in your first set of OKRs
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!