Lead Software EngineerAt Stitch Fix
- San Francisco ca
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on January 15th
At Stitch Fix, our goal is to help our customers look great and feel great about themselves by revolutionizing how people shop. In a time-starved world where shopping often feels overwhelming, our business connects customers to clothes they love. Whether it’s helping someone dress for success at a new job or taking the stress out of packing for a family vacation, we fix clients’ closets – and they love us for it!
We’ve built unique, innovative software for merchandising, warehouse and inventory management, remote styling, and logistics. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our clients and a very successful business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people to contribute!
LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER (ACCOUNT PROTECTION)
At Stitch Fix, our goal is to help our customers look great and feel great about themselves by revolutionizing how people shop. In a time-starved world where shopping often feels overwhelming, our business connects customers to clothes they love. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we're looking for incredible people to contribute!
ABOUT THE ROLE
In Engineering, we are leveraging our personalization power to build an online shopping experience as special and unique as individual style. You will help shape the future of how Stitch Fix’s clients browse and purchase items they love. You will also be responsible for planning, building, and maintaining features and software in support of that future.
Silos are for grain, so you won’t work alone. Building valuable and sustainable software is a group activity. You will work within a distributed team of 4-6 software engineers and cross-functional partners including product, design, and algorithms. You're expected to have strong written communication skills and be able to develop strong working relationships with coworkers and business partners. You will need to know when and how to listen to, influence, coach, share with, advocate to, and lead others.
This is a remote position available within the United States. We operate in an agile-inspired manner, collaborating across multiple time zones. We welcome people from all backgrounds: self-taught, bootcamp grads, history majors, consultants, parents, computer scientists, athletes, musicians, oxford comma proponents, and more. We build modern software with modern techniques like TDD, continuous delivery, DevOps, and service-oriented architecture. We focus on high-value products that solve clearly identified problems but are designed in a sustainable way so that value continues to deliver in the long term. In fact, some of our proudest moments come from solving business problems without writing a line of code.
- Participate in the technical design and implementation of Stitch Fix’s next generation Fraud Protection platform.
- Operate as an engaged member of the engineering team - participating in meetings, attending ceremonies, providing input on technical design documents & project plans, pairing with other engineers to work toward a solution, etc.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other team members on technical discovery, decision-making, and execution of projects.
- Model consistently delivering sustainable results against measurable goals.
- Proactively communicate status updates or changes to the scope or timeline of projects to stakeholders and leadership.
- Find new and better ways of doing things that align with business priorities.
- Influence other engineers toward right-sized solutions.
- Actively participate in prioritizing the team’s technical backlog.
- Participate in on-call rotations and improving the on-call experience for others.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Hands-on experience with running modern web stacks at scale (Ruby on Rails required, Go a Plus)
- You are bright, kind, and motivated by challenge
- You have excellent analytical skills as well as communication skills both verbal and written.
- You take initiative and operate with accountability.
- You are motivated by solving problems and finding creative client-focused solutions.
- Might have experience working remotely alongside a distributed software engineering team.
- Might have experience with GraphQL schema design.
- Might have experience with evolving a resilient distributed service architecture.
OUR TECH STACK INCLUDES...
- Ruby and Rails, Go
- GraphQL and Postgres
- RabbitMQ and Kafka
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE WE...
- Aim to be bright, kind, and motivated by challenge
- Operate with a client-focused mindset
- Are a successful, fast-growing company
- Are a technologically- and data-driven business
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation
- Are focused on the client experience in everything we build
- Get to be creative every day
- Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- Believe in autonomy and taking initiative
- Fully support remote work
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries.
- Offer equity, comprehensive health benefits, and generous parental leave. We’re serious about work-life balance.
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!