Ruby on Rails DeveloperAt String and Key
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on August 13th
String and Key is seeking proven software engineers with a backend Ruby on Rails specialty to join our team and help build and maintain the core backend systems powering our API, vendor integrations, and internal administration tools. This position is remote or in-person at our Brooklyn NY or Durham NC office.
- Deliver secure, thoughtfully designed backend code for our internal platform and related tools
- Work closely with frontend, mobile, and infrastructure/operations teams to support API services and platform deployment
- Triage and prepare fixes for software bugs and defects
- Create and maintain automated tests when writing or editing application code
- This is not a supervisory role, though senior-level hires are encouraged to participate in mentorship activities with less experienced members of the team.
- 5+ years of professional experience delivering business software
- Substantial experience with Ruby on Rails
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Familiarity with event-driven application architecture
Tools and Buzzwords
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails / RSpec
- Apache Kafka
- Flextime Options
- Remote Work Options
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Summer Fridays
- Paid Holidays
- Stocked Kitchen
- Quaterly Culture Club Events
- 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Reimbursement Stipend
- Transit / Parking Stipend
- Full Employee Medical Coverage
- 4% Match 401(k)
Exact compensation range is determined based on your region, years of experience, and specific skillset using aggregate market data from PayScale.
We are a tight knit, rapidly growing team who love what we do and take work-life balance and professional development as seriously as our products. If you are someone who takes ownership of your projects and thrives in a fast paced environment, let's chat!
String and Key is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!