Senior Full-Stack Rails DeveloperAt SuperCat
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on August 23rd
We are SuperCat. We are innovators, change makers, and collaborators enabling B2B distributors and manufacturers to do business faster, work more efficiently, serve customers more effectively, reduce costs and increase sales. We do this by developing and supporting software that empowers businesses to organize all the information and business intelligence their teams need to succeed in one place for fast and easy access.
We need your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us continue innovating and serving our clients well. We love the work we do, and you can, too. Learn more about SuperCat on our website.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Senior Rails Developer to help deliver beautiful software that meets business needs, including scalability, usability, and reliability. You will have a major impact on shipping code that our users rave about. You will have significant autonomy and influence in helping us scale our system to meet the needs of a growing client base. We have a pragmatic attitude to our technology, and very high commitment to stability and availability.
- Software development—Build and maintain our Ruby on Rails server with backend, frontend, and related projects (worker processes, ETL, ERP integrations, APIs, etc).
- Dev/Ops—Build and maintain our Ansible-based configuration and deploy project.
- Technical leadership—Lead the team by example in writing maintainable, tested, clean code. Support this with docs and automation. Find ways to improve what we do; help us make our processes more effective, more efficient, more humane.
- Collaborate with business teams—Make sure the development team is meeting the functional needs of various business teams: sales, support, marketing, product.
- Technical exploration—Explore future directions through prototyping and evaluating external tools. Help with make/buy decisions.
- Reliability and performance—Maintain and improve the reliability and performance of our system to ensure we meet the needs of our client companies and thousands of B2B sales professionals who depend on SuperCat's sales tools.
- On call—Occasionally be on-call to handle system incidents and critical support issues.
- Level 3 support—Provide a last line of support for our helpdesk and onboarding process.
- Strong Ruby on Rails experience and skills. Experience with Turbolinks (or even Turbo/Hotwire) is a big plus.
- Good Dev/Ops skills with Ansible. Linux experience is a must. Experience with AWS is a must.
- Strong database skills (we use PostgreSQL).
- Strong git skills.
- Strong debugging skills to support Level 3 and Incident investigation.
- Ability to communicate clearly in written English is very important.
- (preferred) Live reasonably close to the Triangle area of NC for occasional face-to-face communication.
SuperCat Solutions enables companies to organize all the accurate and up-to-date information their B2B sales teams need in one place in ways that enable them to serve customers more effectively, increase sales, work more efficiently, and reduce expenses.
We're passionate about creating beautiful, reliable, easy to use software and going the extra mile to meet our clients' needs with excellence and integrity. We're committed to design excellence and ease of use. We will provide real customer value and service even if it means not maximizing profit. We have no tolerance for dishonesty, especially in the sales process.
Our company is free of debt, investors, and outside business influences. We do not aggregate, sell, or monetize client data in any way. Every action we take is dedicated to our clients' success and satisfaction.
Our benefits include:
- 100% remote team which values regular facetime.
- Company-paid healthcare package, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental life.
- 401(k) with 4% employer match.
- Profit sharing program. We succeed, you succeed.
- 20 days of PTO, 8 paid holidays, with a flexible, get-your-job done perspective.
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!