Senior Full Stack Engineer - ClientAt TaskRabbit
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on July 9th
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
This role is on the Client team. Our team focuses on building and improving the experience of our Client customers, who come to TaskRabbit to get the support and help they need to check items off their to-do list, allowing them to book tasks and communicate with Taskers. Our objective is to make it easy for Clients to find the right Taskers for their projects via our core mobile app and our web platform.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll be one of the leaders of our team helping to mentor more junior engineers, propose scalable solutions, and de-tangle the complex into the simple. You should be comfortable building complex solutions to full stack challenges, and you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the development of APIs and full stack features across our Client web and Client mobile platforms.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
You will be:
- Collaborating with design and product management to conceptualize new product features from the ground up
- Work alongside more junior software engineers to help them think through designs, code implementation, and how to break down their goals into actionable steps
- Innovate & contribute to our technical roadmap of ongoing improvements, enhancements and updates
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback and commenting on other approaches
- Invest in the documentation of best practices and coding patterns
- Help solve complex debugging, testability, and deployability problems
- Collaborate across teams to promote consistency
- Improve stability and consistency of existing and new backend & frontend cod
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience, comfortable working independently
- Experience building API-driven applications or endpoints
- Proficient understanding of how to organize code across the stack: what belongs in the frontend, what in the back
- Experience with feature flagged development
- Comfortable with automated testing and JS build and packaging systems like Webpack and Jest
- A strong advocate of clean code
You might be a fit if you have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy helping organize and scope high priority projects and plans to keep us moving forward
- Have a great attention to detail and quality
- Any GraphQL or Federated API layer experience
- Personally have implemented more automated QA and/or CI/CD tooling
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!