Senior Software EngineerAt Upstart
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on October 13th
Upstart is a leading AI lending platform partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. As we transitioned to being a public company, we’re now poised to leverage our domain expertise and revolutionize every aspect of lending and credit risk evaluation. We’ve recently expanded our offerings to include automobile refinancing and we plan to take on more verticals as the business grows.
By leveraging Upstart's AI platform, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart's patent-pending platform is the first to receive a no-action letter from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau related to fair lending. Upstart not only supports a large remote workforce, but also has offices in San Mateo, CA; Columbus, OH; and Austin, TX.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Software Engineer at Upstart, you'll enjoy significant autonomy in architecting systems, writing algorithms, and crafting elegant user interfaces. You'll also get the chance to solve challenges with interesting engineering constraints, work in a distributed system, and work side by side with Data Scientists.
Position Location - We have roles available in the following locations: Remote, Columbus
Time Zone Requirements - We have teams that operate across all time zones.
Travel Requirements - This team has regular on-site collaboration sessions. These occur 3 days per Quarter at the appropriate office. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you'll make an impact:
- Work within all areas of the platform from our web interfaces and 3rd party API integrations to backend business logic
- Move quickly to drive both existing and greenfield projects forward, while always keeping our end users in mind
- Make architectural contributions and decisions to improve the reliability of our software and maintainability of our code base
- Help us build our engineering team and make Upstart a genuinely awesome place to work
What we're looking for:
- Experience working with full stack web applications for at least 7 years professionally
- Solid understanding of SQL databases and domain modeling
- Jazzed when presented with a challenging problem to solve
- Desire to succeed as part of a team
- Happiest when you’re able to pivot between heads down solo work and collaborative sessions with your teammates
What you’ll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Personal Development and Technology & Ergonomic Budgets
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Clubs and Activities (Game Nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing Club, Money Discussions, Photography Club and Basketball teams)
- Generous vacation policy
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!