Ruby on Rails Software DeveloperAt vMOX
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on June 30th
Ruby on Rails Software Developer
The Ruby on Rails Software Developer at vMOX is responsible for using coding languages to compose, compile and test programs and applications to provide cellular cost optimization services to enterprises. The Ruby on Rails Software Developer will join our talented A-team with a shared commitment to reduce our clients’ monthly cell phone bills while simultaneously making it easier to manage their mobile device inventory and services.
If you have a passion for moving quickly, breaking new ground, and sharing your expertise in a fast-growing, innovative company, this role is for you.
We’d love to find someone who can:
- Collaborate with project manager, clients, end users, and other stakeholders to understand user needs.
- Shape our product and deliver new features monthly improving our effectiveness and making our users happier.
- Attend and contribute to development team meeting.
- Build new applications that will increase the values.
- Analyze existing program logic to identify causes of program malfunctions; modifies program logic to eliminate problems or increase the operational efficiency of the program.
- Maintain knowledge of trends and developments in related areas of technology and programming.
- Work under the tutelage of our team lead and developer extraordinaire, and alongside other like-minded professionals to design systems to support applications.
- Write and maintain code.
- Work on bug fixes.
We’d love to find someone who has/is:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or related field or technical certification required.
- Three+ years of related work experience required.
- Able to write excellent code to solve complex business problems and process automation.
- Eager to learn but have a solid foundation of experience to bring to the team.
- Thorough understanding of design, testing, and modification of programs and applications.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn the technologies, coding and programming languages used in the organization.
- Knowledge of coding languages and systems.
- Able to develop front end UX using CSS3, HTML5 and Bootstrap while delivering content from MSSQL via Ruby on Rails.
- Eager to create new integrations with other systems to enhance our capabilities and find new ways to leverage existing features.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- You have the option of working in one of our two offices (Port Washington, NY or East Windsor, NJ) alongside other team members, 100% remote in the comfort of your most effective environment, or a hybrid of the two based on your location.
To apply please send us an e-mail with your resume and cover letter.
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!