Intermediate/Senior Software DeveloperAt We Know Training
- Full Time
- Partial Remote
Posted on June 22nd
You are a leader and a pioneer. You want to be on the cutting edge of innovation, writing and publishing code for software that will benefit others.
You are a builder. You’re smart and gets things done. You’re passionate about coding, and problem solving. It’s more than just a hobby, it’s a passion. You want your time and effort to go to a meaningful cause you can believe in.
We Know Training is looking for a full-time Intermediate or Senior Software Developer to join our Platforms team. An ambitious and talented developer looking for their next full-time gig. The successful candidate will design and develop new features, system integrations, and data driven workflows on RapidLMS, and its surrounding ecosystem of applications. We’re a collaborative and innovative team, looking for someone who wants to contribute to a platform that has a huge impact in the world of regulated and credentialed training.
If that sounds like your thing, apply now. Please include a brief cover letter with your resume.
- Work with Product Managers and Executives to design and develop integrations and features that enable smooth operations of our business and provide value to our clients
- Design and develop product enhancements as well as new features for all parts of our platform
- Write code and supporting tests following quality guidelines to implement platform changes
- Release & monitor your code and participate in peer code review & QA in an agile environment
- Take personal ownership of project work to deliver features with predictability and work towards reasonable due dates
- Recommend and participate in codebase refactoring
- Writing clean, well-thought-out, high quality, reliable and robust code
- Design and build intelligent architecture that supports new features and maintains extensibility
- Help shape the future of We Know Training’s software platforms, with an emphasis on user experience
- Understand and interact with your users and target market to better design and build a system that will provide them with what they need
- Work with a great team to create robust scalable architecture
- Investigate, debug, and fix platform issues
- Liaise with sales & support teams around more complicated platform issues.
- Participate in off-hours/on-call rotation response team during platform emergencies or maintenance
- Manage status page updates
- At least 2-5 years of professional programming experience is ideal, but if you consider yourself and intermediate or senior software developer than this role is for you
- Post-secondary education in information technology, computer science, or a related field is an asset
- Proactive approach to analyzing and delivering technical solutions to business problems
- Understanding of the Ruby-on-Rails framework is an asset
- Knowledge and experience with PostgreSQL is an asset
- Proficiency in building user interfaces with Angular/HTML/CSS/HAML is an asset
- Experience with GraphQL is an asset
- Experience deploying to Docker/Kubernetes-based environments is an asset
- Strong communication skills, and ability to explain technical concepts to a range of individuals (from developers to clients)
- Interest and integrity to work as part of an Agile team based in Edmonton
Why We Know Training
We Know Training is a full-service, go-to provider of credentialed online training. We offer everything needed to build, deliver, and distribute online training in regulated and public-serving industries. We are fast-moving and growth-oriented company, with an aggressive 10-year outlook. Your teammates here will be creative, smart, and curious, and your career trajectory here will have almost limitless growth potential.
- 100% company-funded medical and dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible paid time off program
- Casual dress environment
- Fun company culture
- Subsidized bus passes
Please note: Remote due to COVID, with plans to resume office work when the situation allows
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!