Senior Full-Stack Ruby EngineerAt WeaveUp
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on October 12th
WeaveUp is seeking a senior full-stack Ruby engineer to assist in building and improving our SaaS platform. The ideal candidate should have strong backend and frontend skills and be comfortable switching between them.
Our cutting-edge, cloud-based software applications bring innovation to the textile and design industries. As an industry leader, we empower companies to maximize the potential of the digital printing revolution. Our team works with top-tier clients in various verticals, including apparel, interior design, and major retail. WeaveUp runs on a Ruby on Rails back-end API that is consumed by a web interface and connected to digital printing facilities. Our unique end-to-end digital textile platform includes proprietary modules that support image upload, automatic color separation, in-browser image customization, and print room automation.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Thorough knowledge of Ruby on Rails (5+ years of experience): the pitfalls of the framework, effective code organization for large projects, and how to write efficient and understandable code.
- Software architectural experience. A strong understanding of how different web services and data stores can interact in a reliable, scalable fashion.
- Deep understanding of SQL, including joins, indexing, and performance optimization, both directly, and via ActiveRecord.
- Good testing habits and experience participating in code reviews.
- Experience writing well-thought-out and intuitive APIs.
- Ability to create and maintain documentation.
Bonus points if you:
- Have a willingness to ask questions, voice concerns, and provide constructive feedback
- Enjoy helping and mentoring others on the team
- Have Experience with Vue.js or similar frameworks
- Have WebGL or image processing experience
- Have a decent foundation in mathematics – particularly as it relates to images
- You’ll work on a platform valued by customers and help deliver even more value.
- We value productivity, accountability, and communication over politics and processes.
- We’ve built a tight-knit, supportive team to cultivate an environment where everyone feels comfortable and included.
- Our management team is committed to fostering talent and providing room for growth.
- Salary commensurate with level of experience.
- Flexible vacation policy – take time when you need it.
You can work from anywhere in the US for this role. Applicants living outside the US will not be considered. We offer competitive pay, equity and solid benefits.
How to Apply:
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Full-Stack Ruby Engineer”.
You must include your resume and Github link to be considered. LinkedIn and cover letters are recommended, but not required.
Want Ruby on Rails jobs delivered to your inbox?
Help us maintain and improve the quality of RailsGigs
Is this not a Ruby on Rails opportunity? Is there something wrong with the posting? Anything else you think we should know? We'd appreciate it if you'd tell us!